Before making a stride towards your picked maritime profession, it is essential to finish your maritime education from schools and training centers that are duly recognized by the Maritime Industry Authority (MARINA) and the Commission on Higher Education (CHED). This is to guarantee that the aptitudes and information that you procure are in consistence with the worldwide benchmarks set by the International Maritime Authority (IMO)
To secure a smooth-cruising voyage towards your dream career, here are a few tips that can help you recognize the proper maritime organization.
- Look for the rundown of Maritime Training Institutes at stcw.marina.gov.ph.
- Go to the Department of Education (DepEd’s) page to see the rundown of authorized maritime schools.
- Check the rundown of authorized education institutions at CHED’s site.
2. Review the school and training center’s capacity to give best class training to its students by researching its passing rate in all maritime board exams.
3. Verify the institution’s facilities or equipment that are fundamental to the development of their students.
Studying from Marina or CHED’s recognized maritime institutions will surely help you land a seafaring career effortlessly. Once enrolled in a well-identified school or training center, put on your mind to master the important expertise and skills. Bear in mind that acquiring a good academic record is similarly crucial as being mentally and bodily ready to stand the feasible demanding situations onboard.